To keep your best friend cool and comfortable, outfit your dog or puppy with the ChillyPup Cool Vest. This vest features adjustable straps to fit a wide range of dog sizes and uses nylon mesh fabric and 1000 denier military-tough webbing and buckles and is extremely durable. It can be easily cleaned by washing by hand or by just hosing it off. Cooling packs can be replaced without removing the vest.
- Made specifically for smaller dogs or puppies
- Weighs less than 2 pounds with GlacierPacks
- Dry and clean, not soggy and soaking wet like evaporative products
- Maintains a dry, comfortable 59°F / 15°C for up to 2.5 hours in 100°F / 38°C heat
- Self-contained, portable and unpowered - no cumbersome hoses, tubes or tethers
- Made in the USA
It works, mostly
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Aug 2016
My boyfriend and I live very active lifestyles; hiking, dirt biking, mountain-biking, and adventuring often. I got my best friend, my pug, when I was twelve years old. Now, 10 years later, he still begs to go on each and every trip out the front door. Being a pug, he overheats extremely quickly. His short snout, coupled with his dual-layer of fur keeps him warm. This is great when we brave the winters in our small Minnesota town, but a large negative when we spend our summers can reach upwards of 100 degrees across the Midwest where we live, work, and travel. I knew I needed something to help keep the little man going, but I wasn’t sure what that would be. I began to search cooling clothes and ideas, and came across many that you soak in water and they work off of evaporation. I was lenient about ordering one that would hold water against my boy because of all of his wrinkles, and extra skin. Pugs are rather smooshy, for lack of a better word, and water in-between their wrinkles combined with exercise and heat would create the perfect conditions for sores and blisters in his skin folds. I came across the Glacier-Tek Cool Vests, and decided to order one. I loved that it used packs, rather than evaporation to cool the dogs. I ordered the desert camo cool-pup vest. My dog is about 16 pounds, and on the smaller end of the provided measurements.
1. I have noticed that my pug is able to walk further without overheating. He is able to go hiking in the Black Hills now with little issue. I still have to carry him when he gets tired, but this vest has increased his stamina.
2. The pack, as mentioned above, does not use water to cool the dogs, which is extremely important for a dog as wrinkly as mine!
3. The included cool-packs do not take long at all to ‘recharge.’ The website quotes around 20-30 minutes using the ice water method, it is closer to 45, but that’s still a rather short amount of time. We can hike to the top of a hill, pop the cool-packs in the cooler that is then full of melting ice (ice-water), eat our snacks, and explore the top, and when we are ready to meander back down the packs are recharged.
1. The biggest issue that we have is the size. I measured and purchased the product based on the measurements based on the graph on the site. It is juuuuust slightly too big for him. This causes an issue, because he is a little man. We have to walk for a while and let him completely relieve himself before putting his vest on, otherwise he pees all over his chest. It can also rub sometimes, but adjustments have helped to limit the amount of rubbing that he has to endure.
2. When I purchased the vest there was no indication that it was backordered, or that the company was moving. I eventually received an E-Mail iterating these facts, but it was extremely frustrating to not know this prior to ordering. The customer service was rather average, nothing to deter me from the company, but nothing to write home to mom about.
I would recommend this product if you have a bigger dog, but would caution to really measure well, and to take advantage of the return policy if it doesn’t fit well. I can’t wait to use this more with my pug, as well as with future puppies!
Posted by Don on 27th Jul 2016
Product was a bit heavy and large. Should have a size smaller than medium and large. Works well.
Hated I had to return...
Posted by Unknown on 5th Jul 2016
The measurements of the vest were an inch longer than what was posted on the site (7 inches as opposed to the posted 6). I have an average sized French Bulldog and it was too long for his torso.
My dog is finally cool
Posted by Unknown on 9th Jul 2015
I have a very hairy 60 pound beast name Rufus. Living in Florida the summers are way to hot for him. He would come home with BRIGHT red ears. I tried 2 other vests before I got this one. I did have a little trouble with the fit BUT Coolvest was extremely helpful with the problem. He now comes home after walk(3 miles) and the inside of his ears are barely pink. And the cooling packs go right into a ziplock bag and I place in my Vegetable bin overnight. I highly recommend this vest for anyone that wants to keep there dog from getting heat stroke.